200 from Idaho and Montana respond to Fort McMurray. ...Read
- Fort McMurray Wildfire Shrinks Canadian Economy
- Severe Weather Causes Damage across Plains
- Two Killed in California SUV, Amtrak Train Collision
- Feds Announce $10M in Wildfire Projects for 12 States
- Louisiana Hate-Crime Law Expands Protection to Fire, EMS and Police
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Welcomes New Board Members
- Kansas City Releases Double LODD Report
Fire Engineering Humpday HangoutBrowse All
Cancer: Lobbying and ResearchThe University of Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI) Research Center has begun a new project focusing on "Cardiovascular and Carcinogen Risks in Modern Firefighting". The study, in partnership with Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Firefighter Safety Research Institute (FSRI) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), will provide the first rigorous scientific study to quantify acute physiological disruptions, including thermal and cardiac strain, and exposure to products of combustion, in response to working in a realistic modern fire environment.
Join Frank Ricci and P.J. Norwood, along with their guest, Gavin Horn, as they discuss this topic. Don’t miss this Humpday Hangout brought to you by TenCate. Visit www.tencate.com for more information on their product.
The social & professional network for fire rescue.
Latest Discussions (13,000+)
User Posted Videos (10,000+)
Building showed no signs of imminent collapse.
Join the discussion, sponsored by TenCate, on the IFSI research of carcinogen risks.
Confrontation while ladder truck is backing up ends with an online apology.
University of Alberta begins testing firefighters for smoke exposure.