The Centennial Light at the Livermore-Pleasanton (CA) Fire Department is considered to be the world’s longest-lasting light bulb. The fire department received it in 1901 and it has worked continuously, except for when it moved from different fire stations and one power outage. For more information about the Centennial Light and for a live view of the “Bulb Cam,” visit www.centennialbulb.org . (Dick Jones photo)
The 2016 Fire Service Technology Summit Report highlights the following goals:
1. Recommend technological advancements that the fire service can use to decrease the risk of firefighter injuries and fatalities.
2. The fire service should play a pro-active role in collaborating with manufacturers in creating new technology.
3. Identify methods to inform, educate and train firefighters in existing technologies.
4. Identify mechanisms for the technology industry to collaborate with the fire service in the transfer of emerging technologies to fire service use.
5. Establish potential diverse funding opportunities to meet the identified technological needs of the fire service.
Download and Read the Report